1. First of all, you have to keep your face clean. Don’t sleep with your make up on as it only blocks your skin pores and leave pollutants stuck on your face. Make it a habit to wash your face twice a day with a mild facial cleanser to get rid of all the dirt and pollutants your face goes through in a day’s work.
2. Cleanse your face using a rich face cleansing lotion or cream. Gently massage it into your skin in an upward motion and then using a damp facial tissue or cotton ball, remove the cleanser again using upward motion.
3. Exfoliate your facial skin once a week as daily exfoliating upsets your skin. Exfoliation however removes dead skin that blocks skin pores and leads to acne and dull skin. While exfoliation is great for normal and oily skin, scrub dry skin using facial scrubs with lesser granules and more cream. Always scrub in a circular motion over the face and wash with water.
4. Toning removes dirt traces, make-up and any residual cleanser while restoring the natural pH skin levels and closes pores. Just soak a cotton ball into the toner and apply to the face and neck. Give more attention to the nose and chin area which are prone to blackhead deposits.
5. As your daily activities deplete your skin of its natural softness and suppleness, it is important that you moisturize your face every day using a good quality lotion or cream. Moisturize your skin using a light cream or lotion that has a sunscreen during the day and at night, use a repair cream. The moisturizer should be applied in a circular motion all over the face and neck and should be reapplied if you stay in the sun for more than four hours.
6. Frequent rubbing of an ice cube on the face helps tighten facial muscles. This in turn reduces premature wrinkles and also heals any cuts acquired while shaving.
7. If you have pimples, apply toothpaste on the pimple to eliminate them. Use paste and not gel, and gently apply a small drop of the paste on the blemish and let dry and draw the pimple out.
8. Use a pack of almond paste, egg white and lemon juice to help fight facial pimples. Even tea tree and a paste of orange peel powder and water when applied to pimples, help treat pimples.
9. Beauty tips for face includes changing your diet and eliminating sweets, soda pop and greasy foods from your diet. It’s not enough to just pay attention to your face skin’s external beauty; you have to maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle with regular exercise for clear facial skin.
10. Heat your lash curler using a hair dryer for a few seconds before using them to get curlier and flirtier lashes.
11. If you have puffed eyes, use raw potatoes to de-puff your eyes as raw potatoes are an astringent that helps reduce water retention. Potatoes also have the enzyme catalase which helps lighten dark under eye circles. Just peel and cut two slices of potato and place on your eyes for 10 minutes. Lie down and relax and then using lukewarm water, gently rinse the area.
12. With the help of contouring, you can achieve a chiseled celebrity-like face. As the face is three dimensional, apply your foundation in a single tone to make your face appear flat. Then highlight those parts of the face that catch light but create sufficient shadows to emphasize jaw line and cheekbones.
13. Use a foundation brush instead of a makeup sponge as sponges only soak up excess liquid foundation and leaves little on your face. You thus waste your money as you have to buy more foundation and constantly buy new sponges.
14. If you have hard to tame brows, don’t worry. Just spritz an old toothbrush or clean mascara wand using a hairspray and use to brush and style your brows as desired.
15. If you want to wear false lashes, but don’t know how to do it properly, just take your falsies and loosen by gently flexing the eyelash band. Curl your natural lashes to ensure your falsies line up with the actual lash line. Then using a Q-tip apply glue on the falsies and with the help of tweezers, place your falsies as close to your natural lash line as possible. The lashes should be left to dry for a minute before you add a mascara coat, if required.
16. If your face is oily, use blotting paper to soak up the oil. This is much better than using powder to soak the oil as periodically applying powder on your skin throughout the day makes your skin look cake as you layer makeup on top of existing makeup.
17. If you need to get rid of makeup, and don’t have any makeup remover, lotion helps even for tough mascara.
18. Use a neutral-toned lip liner to extend your lip line if you have thin and pursed puckers. However be careful that you don’t extend the lip line too much.
19. Never pop pimples as it not only increases the chances of scaring, it also worsens your blemish and spreads bacteria to create other acne breakouts.
20. As dry, flaky and chapped lips are a no-no for lipstick, it’s better to exfoliate your lips using a lip balm. Apply the lip balm on your lips and then using a clean mascara or toothbrush, gently scrub your lips. Then use a tissue to wipe away excess flakes for a perfect pout.